SORRY WE ARE CLOSED FOR REFURBISHMENT
Benefits of Yoga
- Improved flexibility is one of the first and most obvious benefits of yoga. During your first class, you probably won’t be able to touch your toes, never mind do a backbend. But if you stick with it, you’ll notice a gradual loosening, and eventually, seemingly impossible poses will become possible.
- Strong muscles do more than look good. They also protect us from conditions like arthritis and back pain, and help prevent falls in elderly people. And when you build strength through yoga, you balance it with flexibility. If you just went to the gym and lifted weights, you might build strength at the expense of flexibility.
- Move more, eat less—that’s the adage of many a dieter. Yoga can help on both fronts. A regular practice gets you moving and burns calories, and the spiritual and emotional dimensions of your practice may encourage you to address any eating and weight problems on a deeper level. Yoga may also inspire you to become a more conscious eater.
- An important component of yoga is focusing on the present. Studies have found that regular yoga practice improves coordination, reaction time, memory, and even IQ scores. People who practice Transcendental Meditation demonstrate the ability to solve problems and acquire and recall information better—probably because they’re less distracted by their thoughts, which can play over and over like an endless tape loop.
Types of Yoga
- Basic Yoga: This is the most beginner class we have which focuses on simple stretching and learning poses. All skill levels welcome!
- Hatha Yoga: Hatha can be translated as “sun” (ha) and “moon” (tha) it is the yoga of activity and balance. Hatha Yoga is the practice of physical postures (asana) and conscious breathing (pranayama) to develop strength, flexibility, and relaxation. With emphasis on proper body alignment, this class offers steadiness and ease mixed with flow. It will help to calm the mind, body, and spirit.
- Functional Barre: It is a blend of yoga and functional exercise using the ballet barre. Strategically using moves to increase muscle endurance. Functional barre will not only slim and tone the body, but will prevent injury as well. Whether you are the weekend warrior, an elite athlete, or just want to have fun and tone your body, functional barre is for you. You will connect your mind and body to discover new levels of strength and self-confidence inside and out.